Welcome to my Cards & Crafts Blog! I hope that you will enjoy the fun things that I have posted. Please leave a comment on anything that catches your eye! I love feedback! If you are in a hurry go ahead and use the quick voting buttons at the bottom of each post to let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, December 26, 2011

Fun Christmas Present

This year my In-Law's did our gift giving a little differently. We drew names and this year I drew my sister-in-law, Audrey's, name. I couldn't have been happier since she and I have very similar taste. So when I saw this idea (see picture directly below) on the Sweet Paul blog a while back I knew this would be a great idea for Audrey's gift.



Find a vintage tray and make some homemade magnets. And I think it turned out unbelievably well! I had to treat the tray for excessive rust, but I did leave some, for character, then I sealed the tray with clear spray paint sealer, and it turned out wonderful. I couldn't find any vintage jewelry to make into magnets so I went to the craft store and purchased bottle caps, a few clear glass tiles, and some fun scrapbook paper and made the magnets that way.



Needless to say, she loves it, and now I want to make one for me!

1 comment:

Jill said...

That turned out great! The vintage jewelry would have been a fantastic touch, but I like the glass tiles too!

~JILL
www.envirocraftiness.com